world

Pakistan Promises Strong Response After Deadly Indian Airstrikes

The tension between India and Pakistan rises to a new level after the Indian forces airstrikes on the locations inside Pakistan. The targets of the attack were the terrorist camps, but India termed them as “precision strikes” on the “terrorist infrastructure”. According to Pakistan, 26 people died and 46 were injured.

By Oskar Malec | Last Updated: 21 May 2025

The dead also included a child who was killed when the missile hit a mosque in Bahawalpur. Pakistani Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif called the attack “an act of war” in his statement. He said, “Pakistan has every right to respond forcefully to this act of war imposed by India and a forceful response is being given”. The prime minister’s message further added, “The Pakistani nation and Pakistan armed forces know very well how to deal with the enemy. We will never let the enemy succeed in its nefarious objectives”. Pakistan claims that its forces shot down five Indian airforce jets overnight. It has not been confirmed by India. 

This act has further aggravated the situation as the tensions between the neighbors are already high, both of which are nuclear-powered. This is not the first act of violence. In April, gunmen killed 26 civilians in Indian-administered Kashmir, and India accuses Pakistan to be responsible for this carnage. Since then, there have been nightly gunfire exchanges over the Line of Control . India has defended military attacks, though. The Indian army says, “Our actions have been focused, measured and non-escalatory in nature. No Pakistani military facilities have been targeted. India has demonstrated considerable restraint in selection of targets and methodology of execution”. This refers to the alleged terror hub attacks Pakistan and Pakistan-occupied Jammu and Kashmir. 

United Nations also expressed concerns. According to its spokesperson, “The secretary-general is very concerned about the Indian military operations across the Line of Control and international border”. The UN called both the nations to avoid military escalation and said, “The world cannot afford a military confrontation between India and Pakistan”.

Stay informed with PolskieNews—your trusted source for Poland's latest updates across politics, culture, business, and world affairs. Empowering Polish readers with clear, reliable, and timely news coverage every day.

Related Posts

Russian Missile Attack Kills Five in Kyiv

Russian Missile Attack Kills Five in Kyiv

Kyiv woke up to devastation on Thursday after a wave of Russian ballistic missiles tore through the Ukrainian capital, killing at least five people and injuring more than two dozen others. The overnight assault left buildings in ruins, sparked fires across several neighborhoods, and knocked out power in parts of the city.

Massive Drone Attack Hits Moscow, Wildberries Warehouse

Massive Drone Attack Hits Moscow, Wildberries Warehouse

A warehouse belonging to Russian e-commerce giant Wildberries has once again come under fire, this time in what's being described as one of the largest Ukrainian drone attacks on Moscow to date.

Trump Orders Cutback in US-South Korea Military Drills

Trump Orders Cutback in US-South Korea Military Drills

President Donald Trump has instructed the Pentagon to significantly cut back joint military exercises with South Korea, pointing to the expense involved and Seoul's decision not to join US-led actions against Iran. The move came just hours before this year's drills were set to kick off, and it's already stirring up fresh questions about the future of the decades-old alliance between Washington and Seoul.

12 Polish Tourists Killed in Hungary Bus Crash

12 Polish Tourists Killed in Hungary Bus Crash

A tragic road accident in Hungary has left 12 people dead and dozens more injured, after a coach carrying Polish tourists crashed on the M3 motorway early Sunday morning. Following questioning by Hungarian police, one of the bus drivers involved has now been detained, according to Poland's deputy foreign affairs minister, Wojciech Zajączkowski, who addressed the situation at a press conference held Sunday evening.

Ukraine Uses 15 Homemade Weapons in Port Strike

Ukraine Uses 15 Homemade Weapons in Port Strike

Ukraine has taken a major step forward in its home-built weapons program, using 15 domestically made systems in a single strike on a Russian port for the very first time, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced. Writing on social media Wednesday evening, Zelenskyy described the strike on Russia's Black Sea port at Novorossiysk as a "successful operation" that hit several Russian warships docked there.

Russian Attacks Kill Five in Zaporizhzhia, Kyiv

Russian Attacks Kill Five in Zaporizhzhia, Kyiv

Russian forces launched fresh attacks on Ukraine early Tuesday, killing five people and wounding 20 others in the southeastern city of Zaporizhzhia while also striking the capital, Kyiv, where the assault sparked fires across the city.

Advertisement

LATEST INSIGHTS

Potrzebujemy chwili Twojej uwagi

Uwielbiamy pliki cookie — zarówno te jadalne, jak i cyfrowe, które ulepszają Twoje wrażenia z przeglądania. Pomagają nam one udoskonalać funkcjonalność naszej witryny i Twoje ogólne wrażenia. Podstawowe i funkcjonalne pliki cookie są niezbędne do prawidłowego działania witryny i nie można ich wyłączyć. Ponadto używamy plików cookie w celu optymalizacji wydajności („komfort”) i wyświetlania spersonalizowanych reklam („marketing”), na co potrzebujemy Twojej zgody. Kliknij „Zezwól na wszystkie”, aby wyrazić zgodę na przetwarzanie danych. Uwielbiamy pliki cookie — zarówno te jadalne, jak i cyfrowe, które ulepszają Twoje wrażenia z przeglądania. Pomagają nam one udoskonalać funkcjonalność naszej witryny i Twoje ogólne wrażenia z przeglądania. Podstawowe i funkcjonalne pliki cookie są niezbędne do prawidłowego działania witryny i nie można ich wyłączyć. Ponadto używamy plików cookie w celu optymalizacji wydajności („komfort”) i wyświetlania spersonalizowanych reklam („marketing”), na co potrzebujemy Twojej zgody. Kliknij „Zezwól na wszystkie”, aby wyrazić zgodę na przetwarzanie danych.

Twoja zgoda obowiązuje również na mocy art. 49 (1) (a) RODO, co oznacza, że ​​Twoje dane mogą być tymczasowo przetwarzane poza EOG, w tym w USA. W takich przypadkach wysokie europejskie standardy ochrony danych mogą nie być w pełni zagwarantowane, a władze USA mogą uzyskać dostęp do Twoich danych bez skutecznego środka prawnego. Możesz wycofać swoją zgodę w dowolnym momencie.

PrywatnośćWarunki korzystania z serwisu

Możesz zarządzać swoimi preferencjami dotyczącymi plików cookie lub wycofać zgodę w dowolnym momencie za pośrednictwem naszych ustawień plików cookie. Aby uzyskać więcej informacji, zapoznaj się z naszą Polityką prywatności.